Your Victorian Driving Test Melbourne will start at VicRoads office of your choice. There are many VicRoads testing stations , and they can be found here:
To book your Victorian drive test just call 131 171 or book on line via https://billing.vicroads.vic.gov.au/bookings
To be eligible for the test, you will need to match the following requirements
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Hold a Victorian Learner Permit.
- Present a log book with 120 hr driving experience (if learner driver is 18 – 21 years old and never held an overseas license)
- Pass a Hazard perception test which is a computerized driving simulator to test the learner driver’s judgement
- Pass an eye sight test. Once all admin procedures are finalized, the practical driving test will be on the way. The learner driver will be asked by the tester to sit in the driving test car, switch on the car ignition to accessory mode then identify and operate the following controls; breaks lights, right and left indicators, hazard lights, washer and wipers, rear & front demister, seat belt, high and low beam. From that point and onwards the test will be conducted by the tester using short instructions to turn right and left, if nothing is said, the learner driver has to drive straight ahead keeping all road marking signs and road traffic regulations. The driving test will be terminated immediately if a learner driver does a driving fault, the following are examples of driving faults:
- Dangerous driving
- Breaking the law
At anytime during the driving test, the tester may ask the learner to perform one of the following low speed manoeuvres
- 1. Reverse parallel park – As per the driving test criteria you will have 2 minutes, 7 meters and 4 car movements to complete this task
- 2. Three point turn – As per the driving test criteria you will be asked to complete the task in 3 car movements.
To maximize your chances of passing the driving test, its advisable to have few driving lessons to help you understand the test criteria which is explained briefly here.
To book your lesson just call our toll free number 03 9578 0120 or book on line http://www.sprintdrivingschool.com.au/online-booking/
The total duration of the Victorian driving test is 30 min, most learner drivers attending the driving test know how to drive but not all pass the test, mainly due to the level of stress that one may experience which may cause bad judgement and lack of familiarization of the test criteria, so make sure to stay cool, calm and confident. Over all the Victorian test is manageable especially if a few driving lessons have been taken prior to it.
Please call 03 9578 0120 for our special weekly offers.